Two months ago you got a job as an editor for the magazine Designs and Fashions. But now you find that the work is not what you expected. You decide to quit. Write a letter to your boss, Mr. Wang, telling him your decision, stating your reason(s), and making an apology.
Write your letter in no less than 100 words. Write it neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your own name at the end of the letter; use “Li Ming” instead. Do not write the address.(10 points)
2. My reason for leaving my present employment is that…
3. My reason for leaving my present employment is simple because…
4. I am desirous of leaving the office in order to gain more experience in…
5. I am writing to inform you that…
1. Thank you for the rewarding experience I’ve enjoyed during my association with the company.
2. I do appreciate the management training I’ve been given here.
3. My best wishes for the company’s continued growth.
4. Please approve of my resignation.
5. Please forgive me for the inconvenience I have caused due to my resignation.
Jan 22nd, 2005
Dear Mr. Wang,
I am writing to inform you that I have made up my mind to resign from my present position in the magazine Designs and Fashions.
The reasons for my resignation are as follows.In the first place, after being in the position of an editor for a period, I have been disappointed to find my qualification fail to meet the demands of the job. In other words, I can not apply what I have learnt on campus to the job. What is more, I can’t work on night shift in that I have to take care of my sick mother after work. Last but not the least important, the position can not arouse my interest at all.
I do beg your pardon for the trouble and any inconvenience I have caused. I sincerely hope that you could approve of my resignation.
1. resign[ri5zain] v. 辞职，放弃，听从，委托
Rumor has it that the president will soon resign.
2. qualification[7kwClifi5keiFEn] n. 资格, 条件, 限制
I can recommend him without qualification.
3. arouse [E5rauz] vt. 唤醒，激起，引起
The question aroused our curiosity.
4. apply[E5plai]vt. 涂，应用 vi. 申请，适用
The rule cannot be applied in every case.
He applied for a full scholarship at this University.