You want to contribute to Project Hope by offering financial aid to a child in a remote area. Write a letter to the department concerned, asking them to help find a candidate. You should specify what kind of child you want to help and how you will carry out your plan.
Write your letter in no less than 100 words. Write it neatly on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your own name at the end of the letter; use “Li Ming” instead. Do not write the address. (10 points)
1. I am writing to ask if you could do/grant me a favour.
2. I wonder if you could do sth. for me.
3. I will be very much grateful if you could…
4. May I ask you a favour…？
5. Would you kindly offer some information concerning…?
1. Your prompt attention to this matter would be highly appreciated.
2. Kindly favour me with a reply at your earliest convenience.
3. Please let me have your answer within / before (a date) as to your decision on this matter.
4. Many thanks go to you for your favour.
5. I shall esteem it a great favor if you will be kind enough to…
Jan 14th, 2006
I am writing this letter to you in order to find a candidate for the Project Hope program, because I have decided to offer some financial aid to a child in a remote area.
I know that there are many children who need help in remote areas. The candidate I want to help would better be a girl who is six or seven years old. I have planned to offer her 500yuan a year for 6 years until she can finish her study in a primary school. In addition, I will send her some used clothes and books. And I would like to pay a visit to her next year if possible.
I am looking forward to hearing from you soon.
中间段首句是承上启下的句子。第二句运用了虚拟语气，让读者感觉到了写信人的决心。“would better be a girl”的意思是“最好是个女孩子”，但是我们可以感知，即便对方没有要资助的女孩子，男孩子也可以这一意思。
1. candidate [5kAndidit] n. 候选人，报考者
This enables the company to obtain a consensus evaluation of each candidate.
2. remote [ri5mEut] adj. 远距离的，偏僻的，遥控的
She taught in a remote village. 她曾在一个偏僻的村庄里教书。
3. offer [5CfE] n/vi/vt. 提供, 出价, 奉献, 试图, 使出现, 演出
I must offer them an apology for not going to attend their get-gathering.
4. financial [fai5nAnFEl] adj. 财政的，金融的
As long as we don't ask for financial aid we are left undisturbed.
5. aid [eid] n.帮助，支持, 救护；补助金[费]
An English-Chinese Dictionary is an important aid in learning English.