Write a letter to your university library, making suggestions for improving its service. You should write about 100 words on ANSWER SHEET 2. Do not sign your own name at the end of the letter. Use “Li Ming” instead. Do not write the address. (10 points)
5. If you could take what I suggest seriously, you would…
6. When it comes to such a situation, I would like to suggest that you can…
1. I would be ready to discuss this matter to further details.
2. Finally, I would like to remind you of taking my suggestions seriously.
3. Please let me have your answer within / before (a date) as to your decision on this matter.
4. Please remember you should make your own final decision.
5. No matter what you determine to do, I would side with you.
Jan 20th, 2007
I am a student in this university who regularly comes to the library to spend my spare time. Generally speaking, the service you offer here is quite good; however, I have some suggestions for you to adopt. And I would like to extend my greatest appreciation if you are so kind as to take my suggestions into consideration.
To begin with, will you please prolong the time for reading? In the daytime, most of the students are having classes, so they can’t come to the library. Moreover, some of the books on shelves are out of date. If you are so kind as to provide us some books such as the latest magazines, we will be greatly honored.
I really wish to have a more comfortable library. Thank you for your time and consideration.
中间段列举出写信人的两个建议。“To begin with”与“Moreover”是本段以列举法展开的两个典型的关联短语。列举法在考研英语大作文中同样适用。