1. Everybody else at the party ended up in the swimming pool. But I was a fish out of water because I can't swim。
2. When I ask my friend if she likes my new dress, I was fishing for a compliment。
3. Charlie, you've had two weeks to decide whether you want in on this deal. Now it's time to fish or cut bait. I need your answer by six o'clock tonight -- otherwise we'll leave you out of it!
4. The senator says the investigation is a fishing expedition by his enemies to see if they can find anything he has ever done that might hurt his political career。
5. I can't believe it! His only son was hurt in an accident and he told his wife he couldn't go to the hospital until later because he had other fish to fry -- a million-dollar deal he was closing。
6. This story is a red herring to divert public attention from this issue。
7. Holy mackerel! What's this? A new car?