本期泄露的命题是:装傻playing dumb; 裸奔streaking和搬砖bricklayer。听说,世界那么大,总想去看看,可是兜里缺钱买机票。所以大多数人都选择上网长见识,比如正准备点开↑这款视频的你——你能看到马来西亚女赛车冠军吓哭教练的漂移技术;全裸逛街的阿根廷女模;周赚3万元的澳大利亚板砖工,司徒的果照,艾力的裤腰带,全都在视频里了。更有片尾彩蛋,聪明的观众都是懂得欣赏彩蛋的少数人,听我的没错。
PLAYING DUMB
Stu:We all know about the success of the Fast and the Furious.大家或许早已耳闻《速度与激情》系列所取得的成功
After all the seventh movie is out now.该系列的第七部也在热映中
But today’s term is not fast and it’s not furious. In actual fact it’s Playing Dumb.但是今天要学习的词组和“速度”和“激情”都无关,今天我们要学习的是“Playing Dumb”(装疯作傻)
Ali:Ah. That’s the thing you do every week, right?啊,你说的是每周做节目时你的表现,是吗?
Stu:What are you talking about?你说什么?
Ali:Wait, wait. You are not pretending to be dumb? Oh, you are genuinely an idiot. Oh really?等下,你不是在装傻卖萌?哦,原来你是本色出演,不会吧?
Stu:Seriously, what are you talking about?说真的,你到底在说什么?
Ali:Okay, doesn’t matter. Nothing mate. All right, let’s talk about playing dumb.没事,没事。好了,我们还是来解释下这个词组吧
Stu:Okay well, people play dumb or pretend to be stupid sometimes when they want something,好吧,“Playing Dumb”指的是人们有时会通过装傻来获得想他们想要的东西或者别人的帮助
or they want someone or they want something from you.或者想从你身上得到某些好处等等
And sometimes people pretend to play dumb when they are trying to play a prank on someone else, such as this girl.有时候人们搞恶作剧的时也会“装疯卖傻”,就像这个女孩
Ali:That’s Leona Chin, a girl from Malaysia who happens to be a very professional racing car driver她叫Leona Chin,是一位来自马来西亚的女孩,而且还是一位非常专业的赛车手
and now she had to play dumb and she just dressed up like a nerd但是她“装疯卖傻”,装成一个呆呆菜鸟的原因是
because she just wanted to pull a prank on these driving instructors因为她想捉弄下她的赛车教练
and this is what went down.结果发生了这一幕
Well as we can see one particular instructor got so frightened that she held on to her seat belt all the time.从视频中看到一位教练真的吓坏了,她一直紧紧地抓着她的安全带
Stu:Yeah, so Leona Chin actually did a really good job of playing dumb and she actually PUNKED those instructors.
是的,Leona Chin装得太像了,这些教练了都被她忽悠得晕头转向
Ali:
Wait, what? Punked? I thought we were talking about one term. One term at a time please.
什么?忽悠?我以为我们说的是一个词。拜托,一次学习一个词组好吗
Stu:
All right boss. We can talk about two terms at the same time. So anyway, chill out and explain what Punked is.
得令,老板大人。但我们也可以同时学习两个词组呀。你先冷静一下,然后给大家解释下“Punked”(被捉弄、被忽悠)的意思吧
Ali:
Okay. So, I have to explain it?
好吧,还得我解释呀?
Stu:
Yeah, of course.
当然了
Ali:
All right. No problem. Okay, so the term PUNKED is actually from a very old U.S TV show
好吧,木有问题。“Punked”实际上出自一个很老的美国电视节目
and I guess you can tell that on this show people just like, played pranks on each other.
大家或许已经猜到了,人们在这个节目中互相捉弄彼此,互相搞恶作剧
Stu:
Yeah, that’s basically what punked means. If someone punks you, it means they play a prank on you.
没错,基本上“Punked”就是这个意思。如果说“someone punks you”,意思就是有人在对你恶作剧
And being punked is unfortunately something I know a lot about.
被人捉弄会很惨的,我对此深有感触
Ali:
All right Stuart, did you wet yourself?
司徒,你吓尿了?
Stu:
No!
木有!
Ali:
Look into my eyes. Look into my eyes. Don’t play dumb. Don’t play dumb. Did you wet yourself?
看我的眼睛,看着我眼睛。别装傻,你刚才是不是吓尿了?
Stu:
A little.
一点点啦
Ali:
Yeah, you see. It feels really good, you know.
你看,说出来是不是感觉很好
It feels much better to be honest with yourself.
诚实面对自己感觉会好得多
Right now, please change just change your pants, all right? You should you know... Okay, next term.
赶紧去换裤子吧,记住,诚实面对自己...好啦,下个词组