1. A. Thewoman should go on playing chess.
2. D.Mary probably knows Sally’s new address.
3. B. Hisnotes are not easy to read.
4. D. Theman had better choose another restaurant.
5 .C. Hehas been looking forward to spring.
6. B. Theman appreciates the woman’s help.
7. B. Goto work on foot.
8. A.Temporary closing has disturbed the airport’s operation.
9. C. Ithas a chemical processing plant.
10. D.He’s a salesman.
11.C. Mr.Grand’s personal assistance.
12. B.Provide details of their products and services.
13. A.She listened to recordings of many European orchestras.
14. D.She began taking violin lessons as a small child.
15. A. Itwas the chance of a lifetime.
16. B)His personal history is little known.
17. D) Hewas a member of the town council.
18. C)Possible sources of clues about him were lost in a fire.
20. B)Have the right documents.
21. B)Use official transport.
22. C)Sell inexpensive products.
23. A) Ata meeting of top British businesspeople.
25. B)There should be a limit to one's sense of humour