英解: the part of the face above the mouth used for smelling and breathing
A: Stop picking your nose! We are having dinner here.
B: I am sorry, but I have to. My nose is itchy.
英解：to move forward slowly and carefully
A: The road is jammed, we are going to miss the train!
B: If we had a scooter we would be able to nose through the traffic.
3. cut off one's nose to spite one's face自找苦吃
英解：to disadvantage yourself when trying to harm someone else.
A: I had another big argument with my mom, so I'm going to move out of home!
B: Well, they don't charge you any rent right? So you shouldn't cut off your
nose to spite your face.
4. keep one's nose to the grindstone专心工作
英解：to concentrate on working hard
A: Hey, it's time to go home. Aren't you coming?
B: No, I've really got to keep my nose to the grindstone and get this project
5. thumb one's nose鄙视
英解: to show disrespect to someone or something
A: Saddam Hussein <I>thumbed his nose<P> at the U.N. when he
refused to let the inspectors in.
B: Well, the U.S. decision to go to war without complete U.N. backing was
also pretty disrespectful!
1. It's amazing how those small trucks always manage to ___ through the rush
2. I think you need a tissue. There's something slimy hanging from your ___
3. Don't do that! You will only be ___. It's not worth it!
4. How dare he ___ you! He's just a loser.
5. She always ___. That's why she's the company's top employee.
1. nose (2)
2. nose (1)