B A D A B C D
Their anxiety and control
Section A 短对话
11. D) Fred may have borrowed a sleeping bag from someone else.
12. B) It will cool down over the weekend.
13. C) Hosting a TV program.
14. D) The plants should be put in a shady spot.
15. C) Go to bed early.
16. B) She has learned to appreciate modern sculptures.
17. A)They seem satisfied with what they have done
18. A) The man shouldn't hesitate to take the course
19. B Domestic issues of general social concern.
20. D Based on public expectations and editor's judgement.
21. B Practical experience.
22. A There average life span was less than 50 years.
23. C Learn to use new technology.
24. D when all people become wealthier.
25. C Control the environment.
Section B 短文理解
26. B To alert teenagers to the dangers of reckless driving.
27. A Road accidents.
28. C It has accomplished its objective.
29. B Customers may be misled by the smells.
30. C Supportive
31. A The flower scent stimulated people's desire to buy.
32 C a passenger train collided with a goods train
33 D the cause of the tragic accident remains unknown
34 A there was a bomb scare
35 D drive with special care
Section C 复合式听写
44. You also examine the immense variability of English and come to understand how it's used as a symbol of individual identity and social connection。
45. Why do some non-native speakers of English claim that it's a difficult language to learn while infants born into English speaking communities acquire their language before they learn to use forks and knives?
46. You are encouraged to develop your own individual responses to various practical and theoretical issues
TV and fashion magazines
Developing eating disorders
52 B) efforts have been made to protect turtles from dying out.
53 D) The turtle's population has decreased in spite of human protection
54 B) Unregulated commercial fishing
55 A) It threatens the sandy beaches on which they lay eggs.
56 C) call for effective measures to ensure sea turtle's survival.
57 C) College education is rewarding in spite of the starting costs.
58 D) The gap between the earnings of college and high-school graduates narrowed
59 A)save more on tuition.
60 D)consider college education a consumer product
61 B)A satisfying experience with their budgets
62 C massive
63 B endeavors
64 D bound
65 A facilitated
66 C exclusive
67 B connects
68 C individuals
69 A and
70 C origins
71 B stood for
72 A exchange
73 D whose
74 C attracted
75 B which
76 A joined
77 D then
78 D As
79 C messages
80 B civilian
81 A into
82. him out of buying a car
83. Keeping a sense of humor helps
84. he had no choice but to confess his criminal behavior
85. there must be someone who is speaking ill of them
86. it hard to resist the temptation of ice cream
According to the Bible, it is the almighty God who gave names to everything he created: "he named the light ‘Day' and the darkness ‘Night'". In fact, a name is a word or phrase that man uses to denote and identify a specific person, place or thing. There is no inexorable correlation between the sign and "the signified". For this reason, some claim that names are not so vital as they are supposed to be. However, I am fully convinced that they are of great importance.
Take the name of a person as an example. It is known to all that a person's name is divided into two parts: given name and surname. The given name is the name our parents assign us. We ourselves might change it later in our life. Usually, when a name is given, it contains a lot of information. Say, "li" in the name of some Chinese females shows that we wish them to "beautiful" while "wei" in the names of some males reveals that we expect them to be "great" in their future life.
As to the surname or family name, it is even more important, so important that some people may sacrifice their life for it. Originally, man had no such a name. But ever since a certain name was given, each member of the family carries it wherever he goes. Rather than merely a sign, it is the root from which we can trace back to our ancestor, the tie that helps bind us to other members of the same clan, the dignity most people hope to live for.
Apart from the name of a person, that of a place or thing is also significant in that it embodies history and culture. All in all, though names are assigned artificially, man is not free when giving names. But God is.