Part I Writing
The impact of the internet on interpersonal communication
It can’t be denied that the internet is an epoch-making invention. As we entered into the age of information, it has had a great impact upon every aspects of our life, in particular, the interpersonal communication in our social life.
On one hand, the internet can remarkably enhance the interpersonal communication among us. Firstly, it saves time and money. Without considering the transportation and the money for reception, we can realize person-to-person communication at any time we want merely by typing the message or click the "send" button on varieties of instant chatting tools. Secondly, interpersonal communication through the internet is not limited by space. As a platform for making friends, the internet provides more ways of knowing people from other parts of the world.
On the other hand, the internet might be a burden for interpersonal communication if inappropriately used. If people obsessively rely on internet to maintain their friendship instead of meeting each other face to face, they may suffer mental problem. After all, compared with communication through the internet, it is friendly handshaking, eye contact, and smile exchanges in face-to-face encounters that means a lot to humans.
In conclusion, we should properly use the internet in our interpersonal communication. Only by that, can we benefit from the Internet in our social life.
Part II Reading Comprehension (Skimming and Scanning)
1. To cut students’ expenses.
2. college facilities could be put to more effective use.
3. suppresses creative thinking
4. Its students have to earn more credits each year.
5. It has been running for several decades.
6. More students have Advanced Placement credits.
7. Students don’t have much time to roam intellectually.
8. the core curriculum
9. stay competitive and relevant
10. bright, motivated students
Part III Listening Comprehension
11.A) The injury will confine Anna to bed for quite a while.
12.C) She can get a ballet ticket for the man.
13.A) He has to do other repairs first.
14.C) Give his contribution some time later.
15.D) Tell Tony’s mother that she eats no meat.
16.B) The coverage of newspapers.
17.C) Limit the number of participants in the conference.
18.A) The apartment is still available.
19. D) to see if dolphins can communicate with each other.
20. A) Press the right-hand lever first.
21. C) Only one dolphin was able to see the light.
22. B) In a resort town.
23. D) It is an ideal place for people to retire to.
24. D) It is protected as parkland by a special law.
25. C) The beautiful flowers.
26 C. He specialized in interpersonal relationship.
27 D. Black freshman with high standardized scores
28 C. They broke up more often than same-race roommates
29 C. The racial attitudes improved.
30 A. It will help solve the global food crisis.
31 D. It is still far from being sufficient.
32 D. They are not as natural as we believed.
33 A. He was wrongly imprisoned
34 A. The two victims’ identification
35 B. Many factors influence the accuracy of witness testimony.
44. Hampered by higher taxes and weak demand for its exports, Mexico's economy is seen only partially recovering this year.
45. Mexico has historically had high drop-out rates as poor families pull kids out of school to help put food on the table，
46. The nation's drop-out problem is just the latest bad news for the long-term competitiveness of the Mexican economy.
Part IV Reading Comprehension (Reading in Depth)
47.capturing and storing CO2或者capture and storage of CO2
48. capture and storage
49. put it to new use
50. increase their yield of fruits and vegetables
51. the scale of CO2 emissions
52. D. Its negative effects have long been neglected.
53. A. Goals with financial rewards have strong motivational power.
54. B. They resorted to unethical practice to meet their sales quota.
55. B. Its conclusion is not based on solid scientific evidence.
56. A. Studying goal-setting can throw more light on successful business practices.
57. D) Free market plus government intervention.
58. B) Government regulation hinders economic development.
59. B) Effective measures adopted by the government.
60. D) They give up the idea of smaller government and less regulation.
61. D) Excessive borrowing.
Part V Cloze
62. B)notion 63. C)before
Part VI Translation
82. I think that the meal is well worth 80 dollars with no discount(没有折扣的情况下值80美元).
83. Confronted with the fierce competition from other corporations(面对来自其他公司的激烈竞争), the automobile manufacturer is considering launching a promotion campaign.
【点评】该句主语是the automobile manufacturer，横线处所填的是一个分句;be confronted with：面临(任务、困难)=face，所以也可填(facing the fierce competition……)
84. As far as hobbies are concerned, Jane and her sister nearly (almost) have nothing in common / hardly have anything in common(几乎没有什么共同之处).
【点评】have something in common有共同点。
85. Only after many failures have I realized that I cannot succeed merely by chance.(我才认识到仅凭运气是不能成功的).
did I realize that I couldn't succeed merely by chance.
86. But for the survival instinct which nearly all creatures have, more species would have been extinct from the earth(更多的物种就可能已经在地球上灭绝了).
【点评】but for，“要不是”;这里考查与过去相反的虚拟语气，后面用would + have done。
- 考拉工厂店婴儿手口湿巾 佰澳朗德 婴幼儿童液体乳钙软胶囊 尤妮佳 L54片 纸尿裤/尿不湿 花王妙而舒 L54片 纸尿裤/尿不湿 Ddrops 婴儿维生素D3滴剂 > 查看更多
- JAYJUN 水光能量定妆隔离防晒喷雾 JMsolution 玫瑰防水防晒隔离喷雾SPF50 【娜扎小S同款】RE:CIPE 水晶防晒喷雾 【林允同款】L.I.D LOVEINDESERT 防晒喷雾 Freeplus 净润洗面霜 > 查看更多
- 考拉工厂店 软弹家居男/女浴室拖鞋 考拉工厂店 3层加厚软抽面巾纸 【好妹妹乐队同款】馥郁芬芳无火香薰 得宝MINI系列迷你纸手帕 膳魔师超轻小巧精致真空保温水杯 > 查看更多
- Swisse 奶蓟草 Swisse 高浓度蔓越莓胶囊 Swisse 钙&VD片 red seal 红印 优质黑糖 Breath Pearls 口气清新丸 > 查看更多
- 良品铺子 牛轧奶芙 99任选14 考拉工厂店 高汤牛肉方便面 良品铺子 面筋卷 99任选14 良品铺子开口笑甘栗 99任选14 德运 高钙全脂成人牛奶粉 > 查看更多
- 考拉工厂店 男士精梳棉防臭休闲袜 考拉工厂店 女士精梳棉防臭休闲袜 Nike 黑白情侣奥利跑步鞋 Champion 新款美版经典短袖T恤 Dickies 男士V领打底短袖T恤 > 查看更多
- LAMY 凌美狩猎者 F尖钢笔 JBL C100SI 立体声入耳式耳机 考拉工厂店 苹果快充数据线（MFI认证） 任天堂 Switch 掌上游戏机 考拉工厂店 马卡龙移动充电宝10000毫安 > 查看更多