1. Nothing would induce me to vote for him again.
A．teach B. help C. attract D. discourage
2、 He shifted his position a little in order to alleviate the pain in his leg.
A．ease B. control C. experience D. suffer
3、 Her comments about men are utterly ridiculous completely.
A. completely B. slightly C. partly D. faintly
4、 Our aim was to update the health service, and we succeeded.
A. offer B. provide C. modernize D. fund
5. The photographs evoked strong memories of our holiday in France.
A. refreshed B. stored C. blocked D. erased
6. He was weary of the constant battle between them.
A. fond B. tired C. proud D. afraid
7、She moves from one exotic location to another.
A. unusual B. familiar C. similar D. proper
8、 He has been granted asylum in France.
A. power B. relief C. protection D. license
9、 The weather was crisp and clear and you could see the mountains fifty miles away.
A. hot B. heavy C. fresh D. windy
10. The walls are made of hollow concrete blocks.
A. big B. empty C. long D. now
11. When I heard the noise in the next room, I couldn’t resist having a peep
A. chance B. visit C. look D. try
12. Every week the magazine presents the profile of a well-known sports personality.
A.success B. description C. evidence D. plan
13. Newborn babies can discriminate between a man’s and a woman`s voice.
A. treat B. distinguish C. express D. analyzes
14. We almost ran into a Rolls-Royce that pulled out in front of us without signaling.
A. overtook B. hit C. passed D. found
15. All the flats in the building had the same layout.
A. color B. size C. function D. arrangement