STREAKING
Stu:
Our next term is something that Ali likes to do a lot on the weekend; that’s streaking or running around in public naked.
第二个词组讲的是艾力的周末爱好,那就是“Streaking”(裸奔),意思是在公共场合一丝不挂跑来跑去
Ali:
Yeah, that’s right. So the nex... What, man? I don’t do that!
没错,那这个词汇呢...神马?我什么时候这么做过?
Stu:
I saw you on the weekend.
亲眼所见哦
Ali:
No way, man. I was in my house all weekend. How can you see it?
不可能,亲。我周末都是宅在家里好嘛,你怎么能看到?
Stu:
Because I was looking through your window.
因为你没拉窗帘啊
Ali:
Ah, okay. You should stop this stalking right now. Please!
额滴神,别再跟踪我了,算求你了!
Or I’m gonna call the policemen. Please.
你再这样我绝对要报警,说到做到
You should not do this but anyway, streaking is a good activity and I suggest you..
别再偷窥我了,不过言归正传,“裸奔”其实很不错,我建议大家...
No, I’m kidding.
开个玩笑,别当真哈
Now this thing, this activity streaking just hit the headlines recently thanks to this lady.
现在,“裸奔”登上了各大头版头条,全因为这位女士
Stu:
That lady was Paula Brindisi and she lives in the Argentinian capital of Buenos Aires.
这位女士叫Paula Brindisi,她生活在阿根廷的首都布宜诺斯艾利斯
Now, she’s an artist and she took a lot of photos of herself naked walking around going shopping as part of a photographic project.
她是一名艺术家,在一个摄影项目中,她用照片记录下了自己裸身购物时的情景
Ali:
So now, ladies and gentlemen, especially gentlemen
女士们、先生们,尤其是屏幕前的男士们
this is the moment you’ve been waiting for: naked photos!
你们期待已久的时刻终于到了:果照!
Oh come on man! I took off my pants and you show me this?
我勒个去!我裤子都脱了你就让我看这个?
Seriously, be professional. Seriously, man!
专业精神哪里去了!节操呢!
Why did you put on all these black boxes on the nice bits?
亮点全被遮住了!为什么?为什么??
Stu:
Because this show is a family show and right now...put your pants back on.
因为我们是正经栏目啊,真不像话,赶紧把裤子穿上
Right now, there are families at home watching this show learning about all the great English topics that we teach them.
很多家庭正在收看我们栏目,跟着我们学英语呢
Ali:
No, no man. Only guys are watching this. Just lonely guys and even no girls watch this.
你自我感觉太良好了,我们的观众只有男人。而且都是孤苦伶仃的单身汉,连个女性观众都木有
Stu:
Yeah. You might be right. Anyway, the truth is basically we’re not allowed to show boobs, or bums.
好吧,你一直都这么犀利而且坦诚。不管怎么说,波波或屁屁是绝壁不可以出现在我们节目中的
Ali:
Yeah, just we’re really not allowed. Coming back to the topic, well, I think that the project was really well received by the locals.
确实过不了审查。言归正传,我觉得这个项目真的受到了当地人的好评
Stu:
Mainly by men.
点赞的主要是男士
Ali:
Ah, no, you can’t say that. And also, the girl, the lady was not arrested.
这么说就有失偏颇了,再说了,这姑娘,不,这位女士也没有被逮捕啊
Stu:
Probably because the policemen were all men.
大概是因为警察都是男的吧
Ali:
You can’t say that man.
话可不是这么说的
Stu:
Yeah, you’re right actually. She didn’t get arrested because...
不过你倒是蛮客观的,她之所以没有被逮捕,是因为...
Ali:
Because she has a good shape.
因为她有着火辣的身材
Stu:
No, no! No, Ali. She didn’t get arrested because this was actually an artistic project, as opposed to real streaking which looks like this.
不是的!艾力,她没有被逮捕是因为这是一个艺术项目,真正“裸奔”是这样子的
Ali:
Wait, wait, was the last one you?
等下,等等,最后一个不是你么?
Stu:
No. Next term please.
你眼花了,我们看下个词组吧
Ali:
Can we see the picture again. Sorry, sorry, anyone?
能再看一眼最后一张图片么?导播?
Stu:
No! No! Let’s go to next term.
别纠结细节了!我们来学习下个词组