BRICKLAYERS
Stu:
Our third and final term today is actually a job and it’s that of being a bricklayer.
我们的第三个词组,也是今天要学习的最后一个词组是一种工作,那就是我们说的“砖瓦匠”
It's where you take a brick, you lay it down and you build things, but why are we talking about it?
这工作就是拿起一块砖,将它堆砌好,去建造各种东西,但是为什么要讨论这个呢?
Ali:
We are talking about this job because there’s a huge shortage of bricklayers in Australia.
之所以今天讨论这个工作呢,原因是澳大利亚现在严重缺乏“砖瓦匠”
Stu:
Right?
真滴?
Ali:
And everybody wants these bricklayers to build buildings so now the pay for the bricklayers has got really high.
那里的人们急需砖瓦匠来建造房屋,所以现在砖瓦匠的报酬真的非常丰厚
Stu:
So?
然后呢?
Ali:
So high that it’s reported that bricklayers make 30 thousand per week, RMB 30 thousand RMB per week.
薪水高到什么程度呢,据报道,砖瓦匠每周能够赚上三万人民币,三万呀
That’s a lot man! Here in China we used to have a joke.
对我来说简直是天文数字!中国以前流行这么一句笑话
If you don’t study well in school you just become bricklayers and now everyone wants to become bricklayers.
“如果你不好好学习,以后你只能去砌墙了。”而现在大家都挤破头想当个砖瓦匠
Stu:
30 thousand a week? I’m in the wrong job! But there’s no way I could move to Australia now.
一周三万?我真是入错行了!可我现在也没法移民澳大利亚啊
Ali:
Here’s the good news. If you’re a qualified bricklayer, there are companies sponsoring you getting a visa.
现在好消息来了。如果你有砖瓦匠的资质,会有公司赞助你获得签证
Stu:
Sponsor your visa? To move to Australia? I’m gonna go home.
赞助签证?去澳大利亚?我得回家打包了
So after we finish this show, I’m gonna go home and I’m gonna apply tonight.
录完节目立马回家,今晚就去申请
Ali:
Wait, wait. You can go home right now to apply for it as long as you’re qualified as a bricklayer. But are you?
别急别急,如果你有砖瓦匠的资质,你现在回家申请都行,但是请问你有吗?
Stu:
What do you mean?
什么意思?
Ali:
You have to be a qualified bricklayer to do that.
你得先有这个资质才可以啊
Stu:
Right. Okay.
哦 这样啊
Ali:
Are you a qualified bricklayer?
那你有砖瓦匠的资质吗?
Stu:
No.
木有
Ali:
Wait, wait wait. Are you a qualified talk show host?
等等,那你有脱口秀主持人的资质吗?
Stu:
No.
也木有
Ali:
How about... Are you qualified as a script writer?
你有编剧的资质吗?
Stu:
No.
没呀
Ali:
No? What are you qualified for then?
没有?那你有什么资质?
Stu:
Nothing.
神马都木有
Ali:
Nothing? All right. You are qualified as one of the, you know, he looks like Mr. Bean if you look exactly.
什么都不是?好吧,至少...如果仔细来看,他确实长得有点像憨豆先生
But anyways, since you are not really a qualified talk show host, I’ll be the one who’s doing the ending.
话说回来,既然你没资格做脱口秀主持,那结束语就由我来说啦
So, thank you very much for watching this episode of LaoWai Kan DongXi.
非常感谢大家收看本期的《老外看东西》
We’ll be back next week with more terms and funny bits
下周我们会带来更多的词汇和有趣的内容
and I’ll put on my pants next time. Anyway, thank you very much. See you next time.
下次我会穿上裤子的。好啦,非常感谢大家。下次再见
Stu:
Bye!
拜拜!
———————————————————————————————————————
We’re back again for a bonus segment.
我们又回来了,我们为大家送福利来了
Ali:
And thank you very much for watching this show every week.
非常感谢大家每周都收看我们节目
And just to say thank you we’re giving you guys this nice, little notebook; one book, one person every week.
为了感谢大家的支持,我们特地准备这些漂亮的小笔记本给大家,每周会有一位幸运观众
Stu:
And if you want one, leave a comment. Doesn’t matter what you write. I’m not gonna read them.
想要的童鞋请留下评论,当然啦,不管你写的啥我反正都不会看的
Ali:
Yeah, we do. We’re gonna read them.
他又犯二了,我们当然会看
Stu:
Yes, we will.
是的,我们会看滴
Ali:
But we don't care what you write, all right?
不过我们不在乎你们写的什么
So, doesn’t matter, but we are going to leave our signatures here.
开玩笑的,此外我们还会在本子上留下我们的签名
Stuart, go ahead.
来,司徒,你优先
Oh, your handwriting is so good. I can’t even read it. And now this is my name, Ali.
你的狂草练得真棒,我一点都认不出来,轮到我了——艾力
Stu:
It’s bigger than mine.
签的比我还大,“比逼格更有逼格”么
Ali:
Mine is much bigger.
名声有多大,签名就有多大
Anyway, leave the comments and we’re going to pick anyone
好啦,请留下你的评论,每人都有机会中奖哦
anyone can be picked and we will give out the book every week.
每周我们都会挑选出一位幸运观众,送出我们的笔记本大礼
And again, thank you thank you very much.
再次感谢大家的支持